Thursday, October 25, 2018

"I Am"

"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." Exodus 3:14

When the Lord revealed Himself to Moses out of the burning bush, He identified Himself as "I AM". He didn't say "He WAS" or "He WILL BE". He identified Himself in the present tense. God is the God of the NOW. He's not just God who was in your past and He isn't God who is way off in your future somewhere. He is the God of the here and now.

Now He is what you need. Now He is Savior, Lord, Redeemer, Deliverer. He is the God who heals now. He is the God who meets and supplies needs now. He is the God who makes a way now. He has said that is He a present God- a present help in time of trouble- so it's time we start taking Him out of our past and bring Him into our present. It's time we stop always looking forward to the day "when", and start looking to Him now.

Where have you put God? Is He stuck in your past- all you can do is reminisce about what He used to do, or what He did once upon a time? Have you placed Him somewhere in your future- one day He'll heal me, one day He'll meet the need, etc. Yes, I know that God has a plan, a season and a timing for some things to happen, but there are so many other things that God desires to do for us now and He would do if we would bring Him into our present situations.

Have a great day. He is a present God who desires to move on your behalf in the present.

No comments: