Tuesday, October 2, 2018

"He'll Answer Your Call"

"He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him." Psalm 91:15

I happen to be one of those people who love technology. The advancements are amazing. But they can also be a "pain". For example, when I try to call a place of business with a question, like the bank to check my account balance, or the phone company, even technical support for my software programs, I get an automated "voice" that proceeds to tell me to listen to a menu and press the number that best suits my need. Once I press that button, another "voice" then proceeds to give me another menu. This is an almost endless process. (Honestly, I don't think most places even hire "real, live" people any more). This happens to me when I try to get support online too, each contact screen takes me to another one which eventually leads me back to the first screen and I still haven't been connected with a real person to talk to. And we all know that there are just some questions that a "machine" cannot answer.

Having said all that, I am SO glad that when we go to God with our questions, needs or problems, He does not proceed to give us a menu with specific buttons to press for our special need. Each time we "call" upon Him, we have no doubt that we are going to get to talk to HIM personally and directly-- not a machine, not a representative, not an automated system. He said, "Call unto me and I will answer thee." (Jer. 33:3)

Isn't it comforting to know that God Himself will "get on the line" and talk to us. How wonderful that we can go directly to Him with our need. We can have confidence that we will get Him the first time we call and not be rerouted through a hundred different menus. It's not a "pain" or a long trying process to get to talk to God. Everything that would hinder us from being able to talk to Him was removed out of the way through Jesus Christ at Calvary. So whatever you need this morning, He stands ready and waiting to answer your call.

Have a great day. We may not be able to talk to a real person to answer our questions, but we will always be able to reach God when we call upon Him.

No comments: