Wednesday, October 3, 2018

"For This"

"Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised..." Psalm 48:1a

There is a song that most of you are familiar with, it's entitled, "For Every Mountain". There is a line in the song that says, "For this I give you praise". I want to talk about the "this" this morning. What is "this" that you give God praise for?

I have a long list of "this". For waking me up this morning- for "this" I give Him praise. For waking me up with a sound mind, with a roof over my head, with food in my cupboard- for "this" I give Him praise. For writing my name in the Lamb's book of life, for forgiving all my iniquities, for healing all my diseases, for choosing me, for loving me, for dying for me, for rescuing me, for redeeming me from the curse of the law, for paying the ransom for my sins-- for "this" I give Him praise! For His loving-kindness, His tender mercies, His grace, His faithfulness to me, His peace that settles my heart and mind, His joy that is my strength, His strength that is made perfect in my weakness- for "this" I give Him praise. For hearing my prayers and answering them, for never leaving me nor forsaking me, for wisdom, for revelation knowledge, for the indwelling Holy Spirit, for an ear to hear what the Spirit says, for making me an heir and joint-heir, for allowing me the privilege of serving Him- for "this" I give Him praise. For my family, for my friends, for those that encourage me in the faith, for those who hold my hands up, for those who put an arm around me, who pray for me when I am cast down- for "this" I give Him praise. For being the glory and lifter of my head, for daily loading me with benefits, for being my shield and buckler, for not letting any weapon formed against me prosper, for the victory that overcomes the world, for making me more than a conqueror, for His word, for His armor, for every good an perfect gift- for "this" I give Him praise.

I have to stop, there is not enough space on this note or time to tell of all that I give Him praise for. My "this" turns into "these" quickly. Think about the "this" in your life and take the time to give Him praise for it. My "this" praise list far outweighs my "this" problem list. As a matter of fact, when I start making my "this" praise list, the "this" problem list automatically begins to shrink because it will never be bigger than my God's ability to take care of that list.

Have a great day. For "this" I give Him praise!!

No comments: