Monday, January 29, 2018

"I Can't, He Can"

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."  Philippians 4:13
 
How many times have you said, "I can't do it"?  I can't take it any more.  It is beyond me.  I can't handle it.  I can't, I can't, I can't.  I have been told that "can't" shouldn't be in a Christians vocabulary.  We can.  We can do all things through Christ.  There is nothing that we can't do through Him.  This is true.  But there is a flip side to this.  And it is-- I can't.  This is also true.   
 
As a Christian, "I can't" and "I can" should be in our vocabulary and in the way we live our lives.  We have to come to the truth and fact that we can't.  We can do nothing on our own.  We can't save ourselves.  We can't empower ourselves.  We can't strengthen ourselves.  We can't heal ourselves.  We can't deliver ourselves.  We have no might, no wisdom, no strength, no direction, nothing on our own.  We are weak, frail, lost and dumb like sheep.  
 
But it doesn't stop there.  We then have to acknowledge that while we can do nothing on our own-- nothing without the Lord-- we can do all things through Him.  Jesus even acknowledged that He could do nothing without the Father.  The Bible says we are strong in the Lord and the power of His might.  It is His strength that is perfected in our weakness.  It is His saving, delivering, healing, power that we walk in-- not our own. 
 
So, the "attitude" that we should have is-- I can't, but He can.  I acknowledge that I can't, but I acknowledge that He can.  I can't do it, but He can do it through me.  I don't have it, but Jesus does.  Everything we are, we have, we posses, we walk in, is given to us by the grace and goodness of God.  So, yes, I can, but only through Him, because of Him and by Him.  He gets the credit and glory for whatever I "can" do.  Because it is not I, but Christ in me.  Hallelujah!
 
Have a great day.  It is not me, but it is Christ.  I can't but He can.  I can do nothing, but because of Jesus in me I can do all things. 

No comments: