Monday, January 15, 2018

"A Miracle Bed"

"Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the Lord." 2 Kings 20:5
 
Many of you know that I have been in the bed the past week with the flu.  I thank you for your prayers.  I am so thankful to be better and up and about today.  I wanted to share with you some things that I "learned" while on my "bed of affliction".  First, I want to say that the Lord doesn't put sickness on us.  Sickness is a result of living in a fallen, sin-cursed world.  He is our Healer in sickness.  But, when sickness or affliction of any sort come our way, the Lord can still take that thing and work good in our lives through it.  He did mine.  There were things that He showed me, revelations that I received, direction on some issues, wisdom, insight and instruction that He gave me while I was "flat of my back". If He wills I will share them with you in the future.
 
When we are going through hard times, afflictions, suffering, tribulations, etc., sometimes it feels like the world has ended.  We feel like it won't ever get any better.  We feel like the Lord has forgotten us.  King Hezekiah in the Old Testament felt like this.  But we see that the Lord had not forgotten him.  The Lord was well aware of his situation.  The Lord was still speaking to him.  The Lord sent his healing.  The Lord gave him a great revelation and mighty miracle.  (In case you have forgotten, this is the king whom the Lord turned time back for as a sign that He would heal him.)
 
A bed of affliction turned into a place of miracles for Hezekiah.  It was a place for a miracle in the life of Jarius' daughter.  It was a place of a miracle in Peter's mother in law's life.  It was a place of a miracle in the life of the man who was left at the Gate Beautiful, and the man at the pool, and the man who was lowered by friends through the roof to get to Jesus.
 
The point is:  God has not forgotten where we are when we are going through affliction, pain or suffering.  He is still aware of us.  He can still minister to us no matter the circumstance.  And He can still give a miracle anywhere, any time and in any way He chooses. 
 
Have a great day.  A miracle can happen even on a bed. 

 

No comments: