Thursday, June 8, 2017

"It Is Still Truth"

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."  John 17:17

A few weeks ago I shared with you how I had been encouraging people to believe for and receive their healing.  I had been reminding myself, and others, that we have a covenant with the Lord that includes healing.  Jesus took a beating on His back for our healing-- "by His stripes we are healed".  I also told you that since then I have had several attacks on my body- in about three different areas. 

What I shared with you about that was that when we "preach, teach, and stand upon a certain subject/promise" we will be tried in it.  When we are tried, the "fouls of the air" come and try to snatch that word (the seed) from us before it can take root in our lives.  Well, this morning, I want to say that even since then, my body has been under attack in a couple of other areas.  So, what do I do?  Do I throw up my hands and say healing isn't for me?  Do I quit teaching about healing and encouraging others to receive theirs?  Do I just give up?  No!

Regardless of what may be going on in my body, I may be experiencing symptoms, I may be suffering pain, I may be taking medicine, but none of that affects or makes void the truth that God's Word is still truth.  No matter what may be happening within my body, His Word is still Truth.  He said healing is my covenant-- then it is my covenant even if I don't see the manifestation at the moment.  He said I was healed by the stripes of Jesus-- I am healed.  Fact says-- I may be going through some pain and discomfort, but Truth says-- I am healed because God said I am.  Am I going to believe His Word or what the symptoms are saying?  Am I going to believe His Word or my body?

The point I really want to make this morning is this-- I don't need to stop "preaching" the healing power of Jesus just because my body may not be well.  That is exactly what the enemy wants us to do-- stop speaking the Word; stop speaking the Truth.  He is trying to intimidate me to keep my mouth shut.  How?  By speaking condemning words that say such as this-- how can you tell others that Jesus heals when you are sick?  How can you encourage others to believe when you still have sickness in your body? 

If the enemy is doing that to you, don't listen to him.  Don't be intimidated by him.  God's Word is truth-- always has been, always will be, it is eternal, and eternally settled in heaven.  What is going on in my body has no bearing on the Truth of God's Word-- it will always be the Truth.  What I am experiencing doesn't affect the fact that His Word is still Truth.  What I am experiencing doesn't make His Word null or void.  His Truth doesn't change just because I don't feel good.  It is still Truth!  So don't be intimidated, keep preaching the Truth.  

Have a great day.  God's Word is the Truth--- nothing else-- not even what I am going through.    

No comments: