Friday, May 27, 2016

"Sing, Sing, Sing"

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise".  Psalm 98:4

Let's sing this morning.  I woke up with a song on my heart.  Did you know that singing is good for you?  Even studies have show that it has emotional, physical and social benefits.  It is also a stress reliever.  Therefore, you need to sing.

I have a couple of regular customers who come into my shop and from the moment they come in the door until they leave you can hear them singing.  I love it, it blesses me.  I was talking with someone the other day and realized I have never heard them sing.  Their replied when I asked was that they don't sing.  This was sad to me because singing is good for the soul. 

Often we won't sing, especially in public, because we don't think we can sing or are embarrassed to sing where anyone will hear us.  Not all of us have amazing, professional sounding voices.  Not all of us can sing out loud in public.  Not all of us can carry a tune.  But we can all make a joyful noise and that noise needs to start in our heart.  And it doesn't have to be in public, it can remain in private. 

You may not be a "singer", but you should.  Especially when it comes to singing praise to the Lord.  It may sound off key, it may sound ear-piercing, it may not sound good, but when you sing to the Lord, it sounds like "music to His ears"-- He loves it.  And in return you will get some tremendous benefits from it-- in body, soul and spirit.  By the way, the song that was on my heart was-- "How Great Thou Art".  Who can't help but sing that out loud!

Have a great day.  Singing should be part of your life because there are so many benefits connected with it-- especially when you sing to the Lord. 


     <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Co
ffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:

No comments: