Tuesday, October 20, 2015

"Living Uninterrupted"

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"  1 Corinthians 6:19

We like to live life on our own terms.  We have our own way of doing things and don't want anything to interfere with it.  We have our own schedule and don't want anything messing it up.  We have our own agenda and don't want anything to get in the way of it.  We have plans and tend to get bent out of shape when something disrupts them.  Our motto should be:  Don't interrupt me.

Does this describe you?  I have to be honest and say that it does me.  I may have my day planned out and the next thing I know it has been completely interrupted by unexpected situations that arise, phone calls, someone needing my assistance, something mechanical tears up and needs my attention or I am pulled away by something beyond my control.  (This actually happens a lot-- daily.)

Our lives are not nice, neat little packages to be lived by our own dictates and terms.  Life is often full of interruptions.  I can't help but believe that sometimes those interruptions are allowed by God to get us refocused off of self. 

When interruptions come and they send me in a different direction than I had planned, I have to remind myself that my steps are ordered by the Lord.  My life is surrendered to Him which means it is to be lived for Him and His plans, not my own.  Therefore, what will I do with the interruptions?  Will I let them make me angry, frustrated or annoyed?  Or will I let them show me how self-centered and selfish my life really is?  Will I let them show me the truth about just how flexible, or unmovable, in my own will and own terms I am?  Will I let them teach me how to be more yielded to the will of the Lord, should He decide to change my agenda and schedule today? 

Have a great day.  Are you living life on your own terms?             
 

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: 

 

No comments: