Monday, September 22, 2014

"What To Do With The Cross"

"And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:"  Ephesians 2:16

I purchased a small ornamental cross with the names of Jesus engraved on it the other day to hang on a wall in my house.  I came home with it and went from room to room looking for a place to hang it.  I tried to find a place in each room but I just don't know where to hang it.  I can't find a spot.  I don't know what I will do with it. 

As I was looking for a place, not knowing what to do with it, the Lord spoke to me.  He said, "There are a lot of people who don't know what to do with the cross". 

The cross is an offense to many.  They see it as an insult.  They stumble over the simplicity and power of it.  Therefore, they stay away from the cross and have nothing to do with it least it bring conviction to their hearts and draw them to itself.  "And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased." Galatians 5:11

The cross and its power to save is foolishness to some.  It makes no sense.  They see no logic in it so they refuse it.  "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:18)

The cross is a place of conflict.  It is a place where you either embrace it or you fight against it and become an enemy of it.  "(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:" (Philippians 3:18) 

The cross is a place of glory and victory.  It is the place where sin and death were defeated.  It is where the victory over the enemy of our soul was won.  To those who accept the cross and take it up and follow Jesus, it is a place of personal freedom.  "But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." (Galatians 6:14)

So what about you?  What is the cross to you?  A stumbling block?  An offense?  Foolishness?  Or victory and glory?  What you decide to do with the cross determines your eternal destiny.  For those who accept it, love it and embrace it, it is the power of God that brings salvation.

Have a great day.  What will you do with the cross?

 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry

No comments: