Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"The Righteous Give"

 "He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour."  Psalm 112:9

This whole chapter is about the characteristics of the person who fears and delights in the Lord's commands.  One of the characteristics is that of a giver.  The righteous man is generous with what he has.  He does what he can to help meet the need of someone else when he sees it.  He gives when it is in his power to do so. 

We don't always have the provisions to give available.  I know being in a ministry that does outreach the funds aren't always there to meet some needs.  Perhaps you are feeling like there is nothing you can do, even though you want to, because your funds aren't there or your resources are limited.  I want to encourage you this morning that giving isn't always about "money".  If we have it to give, we should.  But there are many other ways as well to give to those who have a need.

We can give of our time, talents and possessions. "If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?" (James 2:15,16)  "For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me." (Matthew 25:35,36)  If you are able to clothe someone who is naked, visit someone who is confined, give a drink to someone who is thirsty, cook a meal to feed someone, whatever you have in your possession, whatever is in your hand, whatever is in your power to do so, then Jesus considered it giving... and giving to Him. 

Have a great day.  Giving does not always mean money.
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry

No comments: