Thursday, January 23, 2014

"Ducks In A Row"

"Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes." song of Solomon 2:5
 
I am one of those people who like to plan what I am going to do each day-- especially because my time is so limited. For the past several days, all my plans went out the window! Monday I was going to work on getting the ministry books in order. Well, we discovered a water leak that the plumbers were suppose to have fixed the week before. They came Monday and worked half the day in my office, where I needed to be. Tuesday I was going to work on them. I was making changes to my internet. The tech was scheduled to come Tuesday, he did. But things didn't go according to plan, so I was without phone, email and internet service for two days. I couldn't work while he was here, which turned out to be all day instead of the scheduled two hours. 
 
My neatly placed "ducks in a row" were soon "flying" all over the place. Even again this morning, I was going to get up, have my prayer time, write the CB, get dressed and then leave to go to the shop. I got up, had my prayer time-- so far things are going according to plan-- I sat down at the computer to write the CB and my email is out again. That just put a big hole in my plans and I don't have the time to straighten it out. Looks like this has also changed my plans for this evening after work. I will be on the phone with technical support-- again. 
 
Thank you for your patience in listening to all this. I said it to encourage us all that life is life, and life doesn't always-- or let's put it this way-- hardly ever goes according to plan. A person once said, "Man plans, God laughs," We can't always make plans about tomorrow. We don't know what the future holds. This is why the scriptures tell us to say that we will do this or that if the Lord is willing. Plans are often made to be broken. Does that mean we should just wander aimlessly though life and let what happens happen? Of course not, we should have a plan, we shouldn't waste the time, but we should also be prepared for our plans to change. We should not live such a "rigid" scheduled life that there is no room for a change in plans. If we don't we will be frustrated, aggravated, angry, impatient and lose our peace. And that will make us a clear target for the enemy's attacks. 
 
Have a great day. Some times our well placed "ducks in row" get out of place. We have to learn to commit our plans to God and trust Him when they change. 
 
For further reading:
James 4:15
Matthew 6:34
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: