Tuesday, June 4, 2013

"The Priority Of Seeking God"

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13
 
We have a promise from the Lord that when we seek Him we will find Him. But there is more to seeking than just saying a prayer. We think seeking means to send up some "microwave" prayer and get an instant answer. We think that seeking takes only a minute, if any longer we stop. Seeking and praying are not necessarily the same thing although they are both part of the communication process with the Lord.
 
When my daughter was about two years old, I took her to the fair. While I was getting us something to drink I let go of her hand. I placed my order which took only a couple of seconds, but in those few seconds she was gone. Just that quickly she had gone from my sight. What do you think I did? I began to seek for her. I started my search without reservation, without embarrassment, with perseverance. I did not stop until I found her. At that moment there was nothing more important than finding my daughter. Everything else was unimportant. I didn't finish getting our drinks. I didn't take time to place another order. I didn't go ride another ride then get back to the task of trying to locate her. My goal was to find her, therefore, that was my only priority at the moment. 
 
Most of us pray to God, but do we seek God? While you are seeking Him is He alone your priority at that moment? Are you pulled between Him and something else? Do you seek with a cluttered mind-- thoughts of other things you should, or want to, be doing? Seeking God involves whole-hearted commitment. It involves perseverance- not giving up until you have found Him like the woman with the issue of blood. She did not give up, she did not stop, she did not get side-tracked, she did not let anything else capture her thoughts or attention. She had one goal. She was committed to reaching Jesus- it was her only priority. She persevered and did not quit until she reached Him. Is that how you seek Him? Or do you seek Him with a divided heart instead of all your heart?
 
Have a great day. While we are seeking God, seeking Him until we find Him has to be our only priority. 
 
For further reading:
Mark 5:25-30
Psalm 119:2, 10
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: