Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Temporary Distraction"


"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14
 
I have set down several times this morning to write the Coffee Break and each time I have I have been interrupted by the cutest little blonde four year you have ever seen. She spent the night with me, her daddy (my son in law) is having surgery this morning-- so your prayers for him are appreciated. Yesterday, I sat down to answer emails from the weekend and my husband wanted to talk with me, so they didn't get answered- yet.
 
I bring this up because life is full of distractions, and not all distractions are bad or evil but they are distractions nevertheless, and will get you sidetracked if you aren't careful. If you get distracted don't quit and don't give up. Keep pressing forward anyway. Keep coming back over and over again to the place where you were until you progress forward. It takes perseverance, it takes commitment, it takes determination. You will eventually get there if you don't just completely quit and give up. Just like me, I might be a little late but I finally got the devotional finished! 
 
Have a great day. Distractions are only temporary setbacks unless you allow them to be permanent obstacles. 
 
For further reading:
Philippians 4:13
Ephesians 6:18
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: