Friday, April 20, 2012

"Dark Paths"

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

My mother in law lives next door to me, so we often walk when we go to see her. Sometimes it gets dark before we leave her house. We have no street lights, only the light of the moon when it isn't hid behind the clouds. So when it is dark, it is really dark. As many times as I have walked that path from my house to hers, I prefer not to walk it in the dark. Why? Because, even though it is a familiar path to me, I never know if there are new obstacles that are there. And when it is dark, I can lose my bearings and get off the path.

We all walk through "places" in our lives- you know what I mean. Same are strange to us- we have never been down them before. Some are familiar- we have been down them often. But whether it is a new place or a familiar place, each place is different. Even familiar places are cloaked in darkness sometimes. And each place needs the guidance of God's word to help us navigate safely and wisely through them.

We can't trust our ability or the familiarity to get us through any path of life. The path is always changing, new obstacles are continually appearing, new pits are being dug by the enemy, we can easily lose our sense of direction. But God's word will always keep us going in the right direction, will always reveal pit-falls, will always make the way in front of us as clear as if we were walking in the light of the noon day sun.

Have a great day. It doesn't matter how familiar a path of life looks, or how many times we have walked down it, we still need God's word to guide us through it.

For further reading:
Psalm 119:130; 33:4
Proverbs 6:23
1 John 1:5

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: