Thursday, May 19, 2011

"And Again"

"And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me." Hebrews 2:13

"And again". When we put our trust and faith in the Lord, it is not a "one time" thing. Yes, when we surrender our lives to Him there is an initial faith that we have in Him as Savior, but then we have to put our trust in Him over and over again as we follow Him as Lord of our lives. I may have trusted Him yesterday in my time of need, but again today I have to trust Him to supply all my need. I may have trusted Him in the past to see me through a devastating situation, but today if I find myself in dire need, I have to trust Him to be as faithful to me again today as He was then. Yesterday I looked to Him for wisdom and guidance, again today I must do the same thing. Yesterday when all was well in my life, I sang His praises, and again today when things in my life have fallen apart I will still sing His praise. This walk and relationship with the Lord is done daily, over and over again, continually, constantly. My faith, my trust, my hope, my confidence in Him is a repetitious things... I must repeat it over and over again, not just once.

When David faced the bear, he had to trust God to deliver him and give him the courage, strength and ability he needed to kill it. When he faced the lion, he had to trust the Lord again for the same. When he faced the giant he again had to trust the Lord. He had to trust God over and over again-- again and again, time and time again.

You may have trusted Him yesterday but you have to trust Him again today. You may have called upon Him yesterday but you have to call on Him again today. You may have seen His miracle working power yesterday but you can see it again today. He may have brought you through a storm in the past, and He can still bring you through any other storms that rage against you again today. You trusted Him then, trust Him again now. You trusted Him when things were well, trust Him again when things aren't. You trusted Him when all hope seemed lost, trust Him again in every hopeless situation. You will find that each time you put your trust in Him that He is faithful again.

Have a great day. We have to put our trust in the Lord over and over again, each and every day.

For further reading:
Lamentations 3:22,23
1 Samuel 17:37
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact, unless permission is given otherwise.
Please remember to give credit to
About the Master's Business Ministry

No comments: