Friday, April 1, 2011

"Lack of Faith"

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Are you struggling with an issue? Are you having a hard time doing what you know is the right thing to do? Are you wrestling with keeping the commandments in a certain area? Then go to God about it. Tell Him you are struggling and ask for His help.

In my early Christian walk I was taught that you don't "confess" anything that is "negative" (even to God), and admitting that you are weak and struggling was considered negative. So I was left to try to solve my own dilemmas- which of course I never could do. I was told that all I had to do was just "speak the Word" (speak positive) and it would all be all right. There is power in God's word and we do need to remember what His word says concerning our situation, but it is not "negative" or wrong to admit to Him that you have a problem.

Asking God for help when you are struggling is not a sign of weak faith, it actually shows a great deal of faith because you are putting your trust in God's ability to help you. It takes faith to go to God and believe that He will help you.

He knows you are struggling with that issue and He wants to help you, that is why He makes Himself available to you. That is why He has given us the invitation to come to Him. So go to Him. Don't try to handle it yourself. Ask for His help. Ask for His strength. Ask Him to give you whatever it is that you need in order to get victory in this area.

Have a great day. It is not a lack of faith to admit to God that you need His help.

For further reading:
Hebrews 11:6
James 4:2
Luke 11:9
2 Corinthians 12:9
Mark 9:23,24

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact.
Please remember to give credit to
About the Master's Business Ministry

To unsubscribe from the Coffee Break mailing list, just hit "reply" and put "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read both "By Faith" and "Lack of Faith". They fit with where I am in a situation I have found myself in. Thank you for listening to God's word, if for no one else, it was for me.
Love ya
Barbee

Anonymous said...

I read both "By Faith" and "Lack of Faith". They fit with where I am in a situation I have found myself in. Thank you for listening to God's word, if for no one else, it was for me.
Love ya
Barbee