Friday, April 8, 2011

"Ducks- Part 2"

"And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes..." Malachi 3:11a

Yesterday I shared my story about the mama duck and her ducklings that were at my house and how this mother duck led her babies by continually quacking for them to follow her. That mother duck loved her babies and was trying to keep them from harm so she stayed in constant communication with them leading them in the right direction. It was such a beautiful illustration and example of how our Heavenly Father leads us by His voice. His loves us, therefore, He speaks to us and if we will follow Him it will be well with us.

I also told you that as I was following them trying to get a picture of this amazing sight, I turned the corner of the house heading into the side yard and all of a sudden a hawk swooped down and then ascended back up right in front of me- so close it almost hit me. He was after that one little ducking that was lagging behind. Had I not been there, it would have surely got the baby.

I want to share another spiritual parallel this morning from my encounter with these beautiful creatures. That hawk is a bird of prey. It goes around looking for something to destroy and consume. It would have surely devoured that duckling had I not been there. That duckling was no match for the hawk. My presence scared it off because the hawk is no match for me. My presence into the situation came at just the right time- when the hawk was making his descent to latch hold of the duckling.

We have a very real enemy who goes about seeking whom he may devour- like a bird of prey. He has one goal and that is to steal, kill and destroy. But we have a Heavenly Father who is watching over us. We are no match for this enemy, but he is no match for God. This hawk was much bigger than the duckling, but he was not bigger than me. The enemy, though he often appears much larger than we are is not bigger than God. Our Father intervenes in the situations that we get in and He delivers us from the devourer. He comes in and fights our battles for us.

That hawk just knew he had that duckling, but I came up unexpected and foiled his plans. Our God will foil the plans of the enemy against us. He will come in at an unexpected moment but always right on time. So this morning, do not fear the devourer. Your Heavenly Father is watching over you. He promised to not only lead us by His voice but to protect us and deliver us from the devourer.

Have a great day. Our Father is watching over us. He is our deliverer from the enemy who would try to destroy us.

For further reading:
Isaiah 59:19
Deut. 3:22; 20:4

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact.
Please remember to give credit to
About the Master's Business Ministry

To unsubscribe from the Coffee Break mailing list, just hit "reply" and put "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

No comments: