Thursday, December 2, 2010

"The Parade"

"And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it." Colossians 2:15

During this time of year there are a lot of parades. We just had a full day of Thanksgiving parades. Throughout the week many towns will be hosting their Christmas parades- my town will have theirs tonight. Almost everyone loves a parade. Some parades are more spectacular than others. Some are simple, some are elaborate. Some have many floats, some have lots of bands, some feature various other things. Most all of them have a theme.

I enjoy watching the parades. (I mostly enjoy watching my granddaughter watch them.) I have to be honest though, when it is cold, I avoid going out to watch them- then a nice home house is more appealing to me than the parade. There was a "parade" that was held a couple of thousand years ago that I wish I could have attended. There were no elaborate floats, no bands, no cars, no horses, no singing, yet there has never been one to top it. It was a parade of two- just two participants.

This parade was the one that the Father organized. It too had a theme. Its theme was Jesus' victory over satan. It was held in the courts of heaven, before all the spirit world- angels, principalities, demons, powers. Each time I read the verse above, that is the picture that comes to mind-- Jesus leading satan by a rope around his neck, parading His victory over him for all to see.

This morning, may I remind you that Jesus is the Victor, satan is the loser! Jesus defeated him and had a parade to prove it. So don't let the devil make you think that he has won and that he is more powerful. Jesus won! He is All-Powerful. He got the victory and He got it on the devil's own playing field. So you should be having a "parade" of your own now. A parade of praise and thanksgiving to Jesus. A parade to remind the devil that he is defeated and has no power over your life any longer because of Jesus' victory!

Have a great day. Jesus defeated the devil and then had a parade to prove it.

For further reading;
Psalm 98:1
1 John 3:8
Ephesians 1:22
Matthew 28:18
2 Corinthians 2:14

No comments: