Thursday, December 9, 2010

"The Good Part"

"But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her." Luke 10:42

We use the term the "good part" to describe many things. When I would read to my daughter when she was little, she would want me to get to the "good part" of the story. When sharing exciting news with someone, we can hardly wait to tell them the "good part" of our news.

When I think about all that the Lord has done for me, I think about His wonderful grace and mercy. I think about the blessings that He sends my way. I think about His goodness and faithfulness towards me. But that is not what is the "really good part" of my salvation experience. The "good part" is that not only are my sins forgiven and I have eternal life, but I have a relationship with the Lord. That is the "good part" of Christianity.. or should I say, "the best part". Knowing that I am His child and that I can come to Him; knowing that I can walk and talk with Him; knowing that I have the privilege to worship Him; knowing His embrace; having fellowship with Him-- that is the "good part".

He could have just save us then left us to be on our own, but He didn't. He saved us and then brought us into His family and in right relationship with Himself. He didn't put us aside, He made us His children and friends. Again, to me that's the "good part" of this wonderful gift of salvation.

Are you experiencing the "good part"? Do you just live a "saved life" or are you enjoying a personal- one on one relationship with the Lord? Is your salvation just religious experience and ritual, or do you have intimate communion with the Lord each day? Salvation is so wonderful, it is given to us by the grace of God. But, again, the best part of our salvation is that we get to be close to Him.

Have a great day. There are many "parts" to our salvation, but the "best part" is that we get to have a relationship with the Lord.

For further reading:
John 1:12; 15:15
2 Corinthians 5:19

No comments: