Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Secret Service"

"...lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Matthew 28:20b

I just woke up from the oddest dream. I dreamed that my mother in law, my husband, myself and it seems like there was someone else there also, were all together and we were on a trip- but most of where we were was local. The odd part of the dream was that there was also two secret service people assigned to be with us. They were there to watch over us, keep us safe and make sure we had everything that we needed. We didn't make a move that they weren't there. We didn't feel like we were their "prisoners", instead they were very attentive to us. They were very nice and polite and it was nice having them with us. But throughout the dream I kept wondering how we rated having them with us. What did we do that made us so special as to have them stick so close to us?

I have pondered the dream wondering if there was a spiritual significance to it- because many of my dreams are messages to me from the Lord. I felt I wanted to share it because whether this is the meaning or not, it did remind me that for the children of God we are never alone.

There is always the unseen presence of the Lord watching over us, walking with us, meeting our needs, guiding and directing our steps. While I couldn't figure out in the dream why we were so important as to have this special treatment, I can figure out why the Lord is with us and never leaves us. He told us in His word why. It's because of His love. He loves us with an everlasting love. It's because we are special, elect and precious to Him. It's because we love His Son and have made Him the Savior and Lord of our lives. It's because we are God's delight and joy. It's because He has placed a great value on us and then paid the highest price possible to have us for His own dearly, beloved children.

I may never be so important or special as to have people assigned to me to watch over my care, but there is one thing that I know for sure, I have the Lord watching over me and He cares for me more than any one else could ever possibly care for me. And He is always there even when no one else is and even when I don't see Him. The same applies to you also if you are His child.

Have a great day. The Lord is watching over you all the time and has promised to be with you-- not because you are so great, but because He loves you so much.

For further reading:
Hebrews 13:5
Joshua 1:5
Psalm 91:15
Isaiah 43:2

No comments: