Friday, July 10, 2009

"He's Back"

"And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season." Luke 4:13

Remember about a month ago I told you that there was a "crazy" bird around here? Each day, throughout the whole day, I would hear him and watch him fly into the windows in my sunroom. Finally, after a couple of weeks he left. I shared an analogy with you about a lesson that I felt like I gained from that experience. The lesson was- just as those windows were a barrier to keep that bird from getting in my house, the Lord has a barrier, a safe place of protection for us from the enemy when he tries to "get in".

Yesterday I was sitting here in the office and I kept hearing a noise. I was the only one home so I couldn't imagine what it might be. I finally went to investigate because the sound was becoming more familiar. Do you want to know what I discovered? Have you figured it out yet? That's right, it was that same bird flying into the windows-- he's back!

Immediately, it reminded me of our opening verse. When the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy, yet is unsuccessful, he will leave, but only for a while, not permanently. Has he "come back"? Are you "under fire" by him? Is he aiming his temptations at you? Is he unleashing his attacks on you? The same word is for you today as it was before. There is still a "barrier" to protect you. The Lord has not changed. He is still there. He is still with you. He is still empowering you to be victorious over the attack of the enemy-- each and every time he comes.

Try as he may, that bird could not penetrate the windows the first time. He might as well give up because he won't be able to this time either. Each time the enemy comes to attack don't worry because as long as you stay in the Lord's safe haven, he can't "get in" no matter how hard he tries.

Have a great day. The enemy will keep coming back, but the Lord will always be stronger on your behalf against his attacks than he is-- no matter how many times he comes.

No comments: