Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Elephants"

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1

About a week and a half ago I happened to look up at the sky and noticed how beautiful- big and fluffy- the clouds were. When I was a little girl we would look at the clouds and try to see "shapes" in them- some would look like different animals, etc. When I looked up that day, there was a cloud that looked just like an elephant. Later that day I looked at the sky again and saw another elephant. A day passed and I hadn't noticed the sky other than the fact that it was a beautiful day and the clouds were out. The next day I happened to look up and saw another elephant in the clouds. This happened for days- each time I would think about looking up at the clouds, there would be those elephants- some were smaller, some were larger. I began to think that this was pretty "coincidental". In my curiosity I asked the Lord about this. I want to share with you what I believe He showed me.

Let me preface what I am about to say by saying, "I am not a prophetess." I believe that the Lord will speak to His people concerning the signs of the times, concerning what is happening, concerning what is to come if we have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying.

What He showed me is that something big is coming. An elephant is a big animal with a small tapered trunk. Whatever is coming will start off small and will gradually tapper up until it gets larger. I am not sure what this "something big" is (although I have an idea)- it could be an economic situation, it could be a great spiritual deception, it could be a great trial. When it comes, it may not be readily recognized because an elephant's trunk does not resemble it's body.

I believe I was to share this this morning to make you aware to be watching and praying, and also to encourage you that whatever happens we need not fear. When an elephant runs "amuck" everything in it's path is trampled. Only those who are in a well fortified dwelling will be safe. We don't have to worry about being "trampled" if we are in a fortified place. Jesus Christ is our well fortified dwelling place. We don't have to fear if our lives are hid with Christ in God. We don't have to be afraid as long as we continue to dwell in the secret place of the Most High. We don't have to be afraid as long as we dwell under the shadow of the Almighty. There is a place of protection and safety for God's people- remember Goshen. We have a place of safety- it's found in resting in the Lord, dwelling in Him, living in obedience and communion to Him, and drawing near to Him sheltered beneath His everlasting arms. So whatever comes- whether it's something personal, national or worldwide- you can be safe from it's destruction if you will remain in that safe place.

Have a great day. Don't be afraid, but be watchful, and keep yourself in the dwelling place of the Lord.

No comments: