Thursday, February 14, 2008

"His Love"

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." Jeremiah 31:3

Everyone told me that when my grandbaby got here it would be one of the most wonderful things in my life. They said that I would have a love for her that was different than the love I even had for my daughter. They were right! She is the most precious little bundle of joy. I love her so much!! I can't describe the depth of love that I have for her. I could hold her, hug her, kiss her, and never let her go. As I was thinking about how deeply and dearly I love her, the Lord reminded me of a love that was even greater than the love I have for her.... it's His love for us.

God's love for us is greater than we can comprehend or imagine. He loves us so much that He was willing to send His Son to die for us. He loves us so much that He went beyond a verbal expression and demonstrated it by dying on the cross. This morning, I feel that someone needs to hear that He loves you. You have been going through such a difficult time that you have forgotten that He loves you. The situations you have faced have made you wonder where the love of God is for you. I am here to remind you that He loves you. You may have forgotten, you may not feel like it, you may wonder, you may not believe it... but He does love you.

He loves you with an everlasting love. There is nothing that can separate you from His love. His love is eternal- it will never fade away. It is unconditional-- you'll never make Him stop loving you. This morning, if that is you, reach out and take hold of His love. Let Him embrace you once more. Get in a quiet place alone and ask Him to let you feel His love bathe you. He will.

Have a great day. The depth of God's love for us is unfathomable.

1 comment:

sally906 said...

Hi Lorraine

I know exactly what you mean - I felt the same way when I hold my grandson in my arms.

The love I feel is so great it overwhelmed me - and yet it is a drop in the love bucket when compared to God's love for us.

Love your blog - is more convenient for me than the e-mail :)