Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Faithful Again"

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." Hebrews 13:8

Yesterday my daughter called me and she was very upset. She had a need that had to be met right then and the door had closed on the only source that could help her. I told her that she was going to have to trust the Lord and not let this upset or discourage her. I then reminded her of the Lord's faithfulness to her in every situation that she has gone through. I also reminded her of the times she had been in similar situations and how the Lord had always-- even when it looked hopeless- come through for her. The long and short of the story-- within the hour the Lord had opened up another door and it was so much better than the one she thought she needed to help her.

This morning I don't know what you are facing. You may have a pressing need. Your source of help and support may have fallen through. The door that you thought was the one that you needed may have closed. You may be discouraged over the situation. But let me remind you that God has come through for you in the past, in other times when you faced difficulties, in times that there seemed to be no hope. He has always made a way; He has always been faithful. Like I told my daughter, He is the Lord who does not change. If He did it for you in the past, He will do it for you again now. Trust in His faithfulness.

Take a moment to remember what He has already done for you. Think about the times in the past when He came through for you. Let it encourage and renew your faith to believe Him to do it again.

Have a great day. Trust Him to come through for you today like He always has in the past.

No comments: