Thursday, July 16, 2020

"Good News"

"Good News"

"Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts."  Jeremiah 15:16

This morning I heard something that I considered to be good news.  I was thanking the Lord for waking up and hearing something good for a change-- seems like everything you hear lately is doom and gloom, despair, fear, lies, deceit, manipulation, hatred, violence and confusion.  Immediately, the Lord rebuked me for what I said.  He spoke to me and said, "You wake up to good news every morning."  (Of course He was right-- He's God.)  

Every morning I wake up to the good news that is found in His Word-- precious promises that He has made to me.  His promises are good news.  His Word is good news.  It is full of hope and peace, grace and freedom.  It is full of healing and strength.  It's good news to know that the Lord will never leave me nor forsake me.  It's good news that no weapon formed against me shall prosper and that my God shall supply all my need.  It's good news that nothing can separate me from the love of God.  It's good news that His mercy endures forever.  It's good news that He gives strength to the weak.  And so on and so on.  

So, if you are like me and tired of hearing so much bad news, so many lies, such unbelief, fighting and fear mongering, and you long for some good news for a change, remember this-- the world may never tell you any good news, it may never give you a word of hope, but that doesn't mean there isn't any good news.  There is and it is found in God's Word.  He has a good word for you every day.  That is what you need to be listening to.

Have a great day.  God's Word is full of good news to us. 

No comments: