Friday, November 22, 2019

"My Tower"

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." Psalm 18:2

"My high tower". Could I just give you some definitions for "tower" this morning? 1) a structure used as or intended for a stronghold, fortress, prison, etc. 2) a tall, movable structure used in ancient and medieval warfare in storming a fortified place. 3) a person who can be relied on for support, aid, or comfort, esp. in times of difficulty.

The Psalmist defined the Lord as a tower- a strong place, a fortified place, a place where we are in a high position and can see the enemy coming from afar, a place where we are not only protected from the enemy but have the ability to advance and come against his attacks to defeat him.

The devotion this morning is going to be "short and to the point": The Lord doesn't just provide a tower for us, HE is that tower Himself. If the enemy is coming against you this morning, run to the Lord. Make Him- not a person, not another source, not anything else- your tower of refuge because He is the only place that is truly able to protect you from the enemy.

Have a great day. The Lord is your tower of protection and safety, run to Him often.

For further reading:
Psalm 61:3
Psalm 144:2
Proverbs 18:10

No comments: