Tuesday, October 8, 2019

"Who Supplies?"

“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:19

This verse says, "MY God shall supply all your (my) need".  It is God who supplies our need and needs.  It isn't my intellect, my education, my wisdom, my ability, my talent or my knowledge that supplies my need.  It isn't my doctor, nor my prescriptions, my insurance or my therapist.  It isn't my bank account, my investments, my wise business transactions or my accountant that supplies my need.  It isn't my boss, my coworker, my friend, my neighbor, my parent, my spouse, my sibling, nor any of my other personal and professional relationships.  It isn't the government, the welfare system or public programs.

My need is not supplied by anything of mine.  It isn't supplied by anything I posses or anyone that I know.  These things are all, and only, resources.  Everything I possess that helps with my need is only a resource or a tool.  They are not the source.  The source that meets my need, that solves my problems, that sends provisions, that makes a way, that heals my body, that gives me food to eat and water to drink, that imparts wisdom, that extends grace, that shows mercy, that provides peace, that supplies the material things and finances I need to survive and prosper comes from a source.  That source is MY GOD! It is MY GOD who supplies all my need.  It is God who gives us all things that pertain to life.  He is the source that supplies all my/your need.  He is the source that sends the resources.

Have a great day.  Are you trusting your resources or The Source to meet your need?

No comments: