Wednesday, September 4, 2019

"Old Age"

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” Isaiah 46:4

As I read this verse I immediately thought about the faithfulness of God to all generations. He is no respecter of persons- He cares for the infants, the toddlers, the adolescent, the teens, the adults, the senior adults. He is with us throughout every stage of life. He was there watching over our formation when we were still in our mother's womb. He said in His word that He would be our guide at death. When we became adults, He didn't leave us because we were old enough to take care of ourselves. The fact is, we are never "old enough" to take care of ourselves. We need Him from the beginning of our lives until the end of them.

I don't know where you are in life- young, middle age or elderly- but I do know this, God is with you. Listen to His promise from this verse again- Even when you become old I will sustain you; I made you; I will carry you; I will rescue you and again He repeats that He will sustain you. You are sustained by the hand of God, you are not forsaken by Him. He sustains the young and the old. He gives meat in due season, He meets and supplies all your need, He gives you your daily bread, He makes a way even when there seems to be none.

The point is, you have no need to fear or worry when you can't do for yourself any longer because He will still be with you and will sustain you. The truth of the matter is, He always has sustained and provided for you. You never did it for yourself because it was He who was sending the provisions that you need, whether it was a job, wisdom, skill or strength- it all came from Him. That being the case, you can trust in His faithfulness in meeting your need to continue throughout all the days of your life.

Have a great day. He has always sustained you, and He always will.

For further reading:
Psalm 37:25
Psalm 48:14
Psalm 139
Psalm 104:27
Psalm 145:15
Matthew 6:11
Deut. 7:9
Phil. 4:19
Hebrews 13:5

No comments: