Tuesday, September 10, 2019

"I Will"

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

"We will." The Psalmist didn't say, "we might", "perhaps we will", "hopefully we will", "maybe we will", he said, "we will". Which attitude do you posses- "I might" or "I will"?

One of the definitions for the word "will" means to purpose or determine. We are people of faith. We need to stop having a "hope so"/"maybe" attitude. We need to have a determined attitude that by God's help and grace "we will"... we will rejoice today; we will stand fast, we will seek His face, we will be obedient, we will walk in peace today, etc.

When the Israelites went into the land of Canaan, Caleb went to Joshua to ask for the piece of land that the Lord had promised to give him forty years earlier. Listen to what he said. "Now give me this hill country that the LORD promised me that day. You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the LORD helping me, I will drive them out just as he said." (Joshua 14:12- NIV) He said, "I will drive them out."
He didn't say that he would try, he didn't say that he was hoping to drive the inhabitants out, he said he will drive them out. Caleb was eighty-five years old, but he didn't let his age stop him. He had been through forty years of wilderness, but he didn't let what he had been through stop him. He knew that he could do anything as long as the Lord was helping him. Therefore, he said, "I will drive them out".

We need to regain the faith that says, "I will". We need to stop letting our situations, what we see and what we feel affect us. We need to remember that we have promises given to us by God- just like Caleb. We need to remember that we have an All-Powerful God who is with us, helping us, strengthening us and empowering us.

So today put the "I will" back in your vocabulary. Become purposed and determined once again that you can and will do all things through Christ who is your strength.

Have a great day. Let your attitude today be that of "I WILL".

for further reading:
Hebrews 10:38
Philippians 4:13
Joshua 14
Psalm 7:17
Psalm 9:1
Psalm 18:2

No comments: