Tuesday, November 27, 2018

"Will And Wheel"

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

Several years ago a song came out, and became very popular.  It was entitled, "Jesus, Take the Wheel". If you aren't familiar with the song it's about a woman who was living away from the Lord and had been going through a very difficult time. The song takes place as she was driving down the road with her baby in the car and suddenly lost control. As the car started spinning out of control she threw up her hands, letting go of the steering wheel, and cried out for Jesus to "take the wheel". Here's the chorus: "Jesus take the wheel. Take it from my hands. Cause I can't do this on my own. I'm letting go. So give me one more chance. Save me from this road I'm on. Jesus take the wheel."

Let me ask you this morning, "Who's in the driver's seat of your life?" Are you driving your own life? Going down the roads you desire to go down? Are you holding on to the steering wheel with a "death grip" not willing to let go and let God have full control of your life? If you keep steering your life in the direction you want to go, you will wind up on a dead end road, a path that leads no where, or worse yet go into a tail spin and crash.

There is only one way for you to "drive" through this world without "crashing", it's by surrounding the "wheel" of your life over to Jesus- giving Him the driver's seat. But that can only happen as you first surrender your "will". Once you surrender your "will" to His Lordship, then it will be no problem to surrender the "wheel" of your life over to Him and let Him navigate you through this life.

Have a great day. You need to surrender your "will" to God so that He can take the "wheel" and drive you safely through the rest of your life.

No comments: