Wednesday, November 14, 2018

"The Sun Is Shining"

"Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our LORD: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10

We are all familiar with this passage of scripture, but did you read the one before it? A friend brought it to my attention because it had ministered to her during a situation that she was going through.

"And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law." (verse 9) "Mourn not, nor weep." One version says,"Don't cry, don't be sad."

I want to encourage you this morning- especially those who are facing insurmountable odds, enormous difficulties, disappointing situations, you're weeping over broken relationships, opportunities missed, you feel all is lost, you're wrestling with hopelessness, discouragement or depression. Let me tell you what these verses say- This is the Lord's day (He made it) so don't be sad, don't cry, don't be sorrowful because the Lord's joy is your strength. He will give you joy and that joy will be your strength- strength for the journey, strength to go on, strength to get up out of bed, strength to take up your bed and walk, strength to run through a troop and leap over a wall, strength to go through the fire, through the flood, through the darkest night, strength to take the bull by the horns, strength to climb the mountain, strength to swim the river, strength to hold your head up, strength to keep on keeping on.

You have His word, you have His promises, you have His Spirit, He is with you and He is still in control. When I have gone through these times, there is one thing that the Lord reminds me of that I want to share with you. He reminds me when I look outside that the sun is still shining. It still came up this morning. Do you know what that means? It means that God is still in control. Because I have the assurance that He is in control I have peace, and that peace wipes my tears away and removes my doubts and fears. It turns my sorrow into joy, my mourning into gladness.

Have a great day. Look outside this morning. Do you see the sun? Then stop crying because His joy is your strength.

No comments: