Tuesday, July 5, 2016

"Go To The Place Of Rejoicing"

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it".  Psalm 118:24

There are many days when I get up that I don't know what the Lord would have me to do that day.  I don't know in which direction He might lead me to go or to where He might order my steps.  Even on the days that I know what I will be doing-- going to work, visiting at the nursing home, buying groceries, etc.-- I still don't know what "specific task" He might want to direct me to do. 

While I don't always know what I am to do each day, I do know one thing I am to do-- rejoice and be glad today.  When I don't know what else I should do to fulfill His plan for my life, I know I am to rejoice.  When I rejoice, I am in His will.

I can rejoice, and will rejoice, in spite of difficulties, in spite of heartache and in spite of trials.  I can rejoice for many reasons.  Where do I start?  I woke up this morning, for one.  I have my right mind.  I am sitting here at this computer.  But more than that, I can rejoice because my name is written in the Book of Life.  I have peace with God through Jesus Christ.  I know that He is with me and will never leave me.  I can enjoy unbroken fellowship with the Father.  His Spirit who guides me is dwelling in me.  I have His word to guide my steps.  I have His joy that is unexplainable.  I am living in His grace and He supplies all my needs.  I can spend time rejoicing because of His goodness toward me.  

Maybe you are wondering-- "What would You have me to do today, Lord?  Where would You have me to go?"  While you are waiting for Him to show you something specific, you already have some direction-- go in the direction of rejoicing.  Go to that wonderful place of rejoicing in Him and His goodness. 

Have a great day.  If you aren't sure what the Lord wants you to do today, one thing He wants you to do is rejoice. 

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Co
ffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
 

About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net

Visit us on the web:
 
www.mastersbusiness.org  

No comments: