Thursday, August 7, 2014

"The Lord Is Faithful Always"

"I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations." Psalm 89:1
 
As I was praying about what to say to you this morning, I reflected back on the faithfulness of God. I am not sure how long I have been writing the devotional each morning. It has been at least fourteen years or longer. In all that time I can truthfully say the Lord has never once let me down by not giving me what to say. He has also given me the word He has for us. He truly is faithful as promised. The Bible says, "Faithful is He who called you, who also will do it." (1 Thessalonians 5:24)
 
Over thirty-four years ago I accepted Jesus as my Savior and surrendered my life to Him to follow Him as my Lord. I can also say that in all that time He has been faithful as well. In all these years I have been through some storms of great magnitude. I have been through some hard places and trying times. I have been through times of pain, heartache, suffering and hurt. I have faced trials that I never dreamed I would face. I have crossed rivers, walked through the fire, encountered roaring lions, been in the pit, faced a sea of uncertainty, wandered in the wilderness and been to the cross. But in every place I have encountered, He has faithfully been walking with me, guiding me, encouraging me, strengthening me, consoling me, counseling me, watching over me, protecting me, reassuring me, imparting faith to me, giving me power, carrying me and loving me. He has never once failed me or let me down. How many of us have the same "track record" that He has? 
 
I am sure you have the same testimony, for what He does for one He does for all. We all face "life" but when we place our trust in Jesus as Savior and Lord, we don't face it alone. We face it with a faithful Lord who will never abandon or withhold His goodness from us. He certainly hasn't withheld it from me... that is why you are reading this now. Each and every time you read one of the Coffee Break devotionals let it be a reminder to you that the Lord is faithful.
 
Have a great day. The Lord has never once stop being faithful. 
 
For further reading:
Psalm 89:8; 119:90
Isaiah 25:1
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: