Monday, November 12, 2012

Thank You (A Personal Note)

 
"Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2
 
Dear All,
Please forgive me for not replying to each one of you individually. The emails that I received concerning the passing of my brother in law were overwhelming, I truly lost count. So I would like to take this opportunity to reply to all at one time. 
 
The Bible tells us to "bear one another's burdens". Sometimes these burdens are physical and we can help bear them by doing something "hand's on" like giving money to meet a pending need, cooking a meal for someone who is hungry, wrapping a blanket around someone who is cold, etc. But more often than not, the burdens that we face are those that we carry in our hearts; the ones that are not seen. These are the burdens that we have been carrying this past week- the burden of pain, hurt, brokenness, separation and grief. 
 
Each of you have fulfilled this scripture this past week. You have helped to bear our burdens, you have helped to relief some of our pain through your kind words, your acts of love and your prayers. To just say, "Thank you", seems so inadequate. I read each note I received and was very touched, blessed and encouraged by the loving support you have showed to me and my family. Many of you were hurting too over the passing of a love one, yet you took the time to help "bear our burden".
 
Please accept my heartfelt "thank you" this morning. You have truly been a blessing to us. We know that our loving Heavenly Father heard each of your prayers because we felt the answer. We felt His arms around us because you interceded for us. We felt His presence and grace enveloping us. We felt His love was with us, and we felt yours too. 
 
Some times when we see someone carrying a burden, we feel so "helpless" and "useless" to do anything to help them. It is at those times that all we can do is pray. I want to assure you this morning, that prayer is not one of those "all we can do" things. We try to apologize that we weren't able to do more than pray. Prayer is not the least you can do, but one of the greatest things you can do. It is one of the greatest sacrificial gifts that we can give to someone. It is the gift of ourselves; and it brings God's presence near.
 
Thank you, all, again from the bottom of my heart.
Love and blessings,
Lorraine Ezell

No comments: