Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"Broken Beneath - Part 2"

"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound." Isaiah 61:1
 
Yesterday I shared with you that my sister and I had found a ceramic planter that was very beautiful and at a great sale price at a store we were shopping in. We would have bought it except for the fact that it was broken on the bottom. We passed it up because of that and so did another woman who was looking at it.

One of my dear brothers on the mailing list sent me a comment about the devotion. What he shared was very good so I don't want to miss this opportunity- since we are talking about "broken pots".

The thought he shared was this: "God purchases the broken planter (that everyone else looked at and passed it by) and makes it better than before."

The broken planter is symbolic of our lives. I am extremely glad that He didn't pass me by. My life was broken in a million pieces. It was marred and ruined by sin. It looked worthless. It looked as if there was no value to it. It was good for nothing but the trash pile. But God saw my life through His infinite love and chose me even as broken as I was to be His. He purchased me (with the blood of His Son Jesus) and took my life that was broken and repaired it- making me brand new. The brokenness was gone. The mar was no longer there. I now have hope, I have value, I am accepted, I am loved, I have purpose, I have a life and an abundant one at that. I was rescued from the trash pile and "repurposed". Sin and the devil had a purpose for me-- death and destruction. But Jesus gave me a new life and a new purpose-- a hope and a future.

You and I are no different. You were broken. You were passed by. You were unworthy. You were unloved by the world. You had an aimless existence. You were living on the trash pile. You were hopeless. Perhaps you still are, perhaps this is how you are feeling today. I have good news for you-- God takes what others would discard, He goes "dumpster diving" and reclaims what was destined to be thrown away and repurposes it by cleaning it up with His own blood and refinishing it with His righteousness-- and then makes it into something brand new.

If that is you, He wants to take away your brokenness and reproach and give you a new life.

Have a great day. The Lord chooses us who were destined for the trash pile- unwanted and discarded- and repurposes our lives making them into something brand new.

For further reading:
2 Corinthians 5:17
1 Corinthians 6:20; 7:23
John 10:10; 15:16
Jeremiah 29:11
Romans 5:8

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.


No comments: