Friday, March 23, 2012

"A Special Plan"

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

While I was keeping my little four year old granddaughter the other night the thought came to me to tell her this: "God has a plan for me, and it's a good plan." (I am always telling her about the Lord.) So I told her and had her repeat it back to me. (I want her to learn early in life that God does have a plan and purpose for her.) I did this several times, repeating this same short sentence, and having her repeat it back to me. The next day I looked at her and said, "God has a plan for me, and it's a good plan." She repeated it. Then she wanted me to repeat it after her. So I did. Only she reworded it. She said, "God has a plan for me, and it's a special plan." Talk about "out of the mouth of babes"! I did not correct her, I told her she was very right. He not only has a good plan for her life but it is a special plan. A plan uniquely designed for her. The plan God has for her life is special. He has called her to fulfill it, and her alone.

God has a special plan for your life. One that is unique to you. He has called you for a specific purpose. No one else can do it- just you. God had a special plan for Moses. He had a special plan in mind for Esther. He had a special plan for Peter. He has a special plan for you too. There may be millions and millions of people living on planet earth, but God knows us each one individually and has a special, specific plan designed just for us. I don't know what His "special" plan is for you, but there is one-- you aren't just here to take up space or by accident. So be encouraged and know that He has a plan.

Have a great day. Repeat after me, "God has a plan for me; and it's a good and special plan."

For further reading:
Esther 4:14
Acts 9:15-17
1 Peter 2:9
Romans 4:17

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: