Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"They Are For His Glory"

"But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men." Matthew 9:8

When God places His call upon our lives, when He puts His anointing within us, when He gives us spiritual gifts, we tend to think that it is "about us". We look at it as a personal thing that God has done for us. We seem to have the attitude that we have received these blessings so that others will see how powerful or spiritual we are. When God does something supernatural through us, we want people to notice us and talk about what we are doing. This is not the reason why He has given us gifts or the anointing.

There is only one reason and it is not so that flesh can glory in His presence. It is not about us. These gifts are given to us so that He and He alone will be glorified. They are given to point people to Him. They are a sign and witness to the power, grace, goodness and love of God. It is so that people will realize the reality of who He is.

I had received Jesus as my Savior early in life but then turned from Him and went my own way. A little over thirty years ago the Lord began to deal with my heart to return to Him. One day I was sitting in my home and heard a knock at the door. It was a lady from the church- I had not met her because I was not attending church at the time and she had just moved to town and started going to the church a couple of months earlier. I invited her in and while she was there she began to talk to me in "casual conversation". The things she was saying to me were things that were hidden away in my heart. She was describing the very issues that I was dealing with internally. No one knew my struggle- not even my husband or best friend. I knew that it was God speaking through her. After I surrendered my life to the Lord I realized that what she was doing was called the gift of the "word of knowledge". I didn't know what it was at the time, all I knew was that through the things she was saying it let me know that God was aware of me and that He still loved me. You know the rest of the story- I am living for, serving and loving the Lord today.

So you see, the gifts are not for us or about us. They are for making God famous in the earth. They are manifested for His glory. Not for the accolades of men on ourselves. Not so that others will think highly of us. Not so that we can amass a following. But so that people will be convinced that God is real and that He loves them.

Have a great day. The gifts that we have been given are not for self, but in order to bring people to Him.

For further reading:
1 Corinthians 12:1-11
John 3:2
Matthew 25:14-28

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: