Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Giving Thanks"

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I wanted to talk about the subject of giving thanks to the Lord this morning because here in the United States we will be celebrating our holiday of Thanksgiving tomorrow. For me personally, as it should be with all Christians, every day is a day of thanksgiving to my Lord for all His goodness that He has bestowed upon me.

When I say that every day is a day that I give thanks to God, doesn't mean that every day is always a "good" day for me. Some days are filled with temptations, heartaches, trials, problems, attacks of the enemy, and suffering. But our thanksgiving is not reserved only for those days when things are going well, when there is plenty to take care of my needs, when I am not facing spiritual battles, when I have no problems. Our giving of thanks to God should never be influenced by what we are going through. What I mean by that is we should not stop being thankful when things are going bad, and not give thanks only when things are going good.

If you are going through difficulties, don't let those things dictate your thanks to God. We should give Him thanks in everything- it didn't say to give Him thanks "for" all things, but "in" all things. Don't let your circumstance stop you from giving Him thanksgiving. Don't let your trials stop you. Don't let your problems stop you. Don't let anything stop you or steal your thanksgiving and praise to the Lord.

Have a great day. Don't let anything steal your thanksgiving to God.

For further reading:
Psalm 18:49; 30:4,12; 100:4
Colossians 2:7

No comments: