Wednesday, March 27, 2024

"No Mystery To Him"

"O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me." Psalm 139:1

Years ago, my dad and I were exploring my grandfather's shed-- this was many years after my grandfather had passed away.  In the shed, hid against a wall I found an old portrait of a lady. You could tell the portrait was very old by the way she was dressed and the kind of paint that was used. I assumed it had to be a relative but didn't know who. The frame was so far gone that it was unsalvageable, but I rescued the picture and hung it in a bedroom. 

Recently, my cousin and I were talking about the picture, wondering who she was. In the past I had asked all of the older family members-- aunts, uncles, cousins-- and no one knew. My dad didn't know. My mom didn't know. No one on either side of the family could identify the lady in the portrait. So, my cousin and I have decided to name her, The Mystery Lady! 

As I thought about this "Mystery Lady", wondering that no one knew who she was, I started thinking about the Lord. We may not know who she was, but He does. He knows not only who she is, but everything there is to know about her-- when she was born, when she died, if she was married, had children, or had a job. Then it made me think about how that God knows us. He knows us, we are no "mystery" person to Him. He knows our name, the number of hairs on our heads, the thoughts we have before we think them. He knows what we will be doing tomorrow, what we will be doing ten years from now. 

The more I thought about this, the more grateful I became because I am not a "mystery" to the Lord. Others may not know me. But He does. Like the song says, "He knows my name". I am known by Him personally. What joy, peace and comfort that brings to my heart. It can yours too to think that the God of the universe, the Creator of all, knows you. 

Have a great day. You are no mystery to God. He knows just who you are.  

No comments: