Friday, December 10, 2021

"Trusting Who?"

"It is better to trust in the Lord: then to put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8

Yesterday I talked about putting our faith in God.  It reminded me of a video clip someone sent me on the subject.  This person said that when we get on a plane, a train, a bus or a taxi we don't know these people who are "driving", but we put our trust in them that they will carry us to our destination.  It made me think of the trip that I just took.  I went on a bus tour.  I didn't know the bus driver.  Had never laid eyes on him before.  I didn't know his name until someone told me.  I didn't know anything about him-- his age, his background, where he lived, if he was married, etc.  

When I watched the video, I could relate to what this person was saying.  On my trip I had put my safety and life in the hands of a complete stranger.  I was putting my life in the hands of just another person.  I was trusting that this bus driver would get me to where I needed to go without incident. (I even closed my eyes a few times to take a nap). 

So, the point is... why do we trust people, even strangers, but won't trust God with our lives?  Why do we sit back and "enjoy the ride" when someone else is doing the driving, but get anxious, worried and fearful when it comes to trusting God with our lives?  Why do we draw back from Him and act like He is untrustworthy and can't take care of us?  I had no clue how to get to where I was going, but the bus driver did-- so I trusted that.  In life we don't know where we are going and how to get there, but the One who sees all and knows all does.  When are we going to trust Him?  When are we going to put more confidence in the Lord Jesus who sees the beginning and the end of our journey through life, then we do in other people?  When are we going to sit back and let Him be in the "driver's seat?  This bus driver knew what he was doing-- I didn't.  God knows what He is doing, therefore, we can trust Him.  

Have a great day. Do we put more trust in other people, including strangers, than we do in the Lord?


No comments: