Monday, July 15, 2019

"Seek A Word"

"The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple." Psalm 119:130

When we are in a situation, we tend to want "a word from God". We pray accordingly, we ask others to pray, we seek out someone who will give us a word from God. There are times and there are matters that we need to hear from God personally in an "audible" way (so to speak). I am not making light of this need to hear and know, I am not belittling prayer, I am not criticizing or condemning anyone this morning- I seek out a word from God in these ways at times too. There are some answers that are only revealed to us by the Spirit as we seek Him in prayer.

But more of the answers that we need are found in God's word. If we would just go to it. Again, some answers aren't "spelled" out in His word and we need personal direction from Him. But so many are and we need to go to it. For example, I don't have to "get a word" about whether I should witness the plan of salvation to someone, the word commissions me to do so. I don't have to pray about whether I should forgive a certain individual, I am told to forgive others as my Father in heaven has also forgiven me. There are just some things that are spelled out in black and white in God's word and we don't need to seek to get "a word"- we have "the word".

God's word has our answers. Seek out the scriptures. Seek out its words of wisdom and guidance. And in the areas of personal direction that it is not clear and specific about, seek the Lord in prayer and ask others to pray with you.

Have a great day. Go to the word of God first for your answers- they are in there. But if not, pray about it and seek the Lord and He will direct your path.

No comments: