Wednesday, September 19, 2018

"The Choice Is Simple"

"So that my soul chooseth strangling, and death rather than my life." Job 7:15

Several years ago I was keeping my little granddaughter and after our lunch I left her in the highchair to "play" while I washed the dishes. Of course, you know when you give a baby a toy it will always wind up on the floor. I gave her a couple of toys to content her-- you guessed it, they all wound up on the floor. After about the third time of picking them up, I decided to "load her down" with toys hoping that it would take a longer time to drop all of them. I placed the "dozen" toys on the table in front of her and she got the strangest look on her face. I think she went into "overload". She looked like she was so overwhelmed at having so many choices- she didn't know where to begin or what to play with first. I said to her, "Did Nanna give you too many choices?" As soon as that came out of my mouth, the Lord reminded me that He only gives us two choices at any given time.... and we still don't know what to do!

He gives us the choices: to be hot or cold (Revelation 3:15); to serve Him or mammon (Matthew 6:24); to serve Him or false gods (Joshua 24:15); to choose life or death, blessings and cursing (Deut. 30:19); to forgive or not forgive; to obey or disobey.  In the Garden of Eden He gave man the choice to eat or not to eat of the forbidden tree. Of course, Adam blew it although it was a simple choice to make. We do the same thing when it comes to making choices. We make the choice so hard, even when God gives us the answer to which choice to make. "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live." (Deut. 30:19)

Are you in a place of decision? Are you struggling between one choice or another? Are you having a hard time making a decision even though you know which is the right one? Are you making a simple choice difficult? Jesus had a choice to make too in a garden- choose His will or the will of the Father. Of course, He made the right choice leaving us an example that no matter how difficult, or simple, the choice might be we can still choice the right one.

Have a great day. We aren't overwhelmed with too many decisions at a time. So making the right one ought not be that difficult.

No comments: