Monday, April 7, 2014

Thank You

Dear All,
 
I am touched and overwhelmed (in a good way) by the emails, cards, gifts, visits and response that I have received from you sending your condolences, thoughts and prayers. They have truly ministered to me and given me strength and encouragement. I would love to sit down and write each one of you personally. Please accept my apology for not doing so and accept my thank you now. Also thank you for letting me be offline for a while and closing the shop. I am still blessed to have my daddy and have needed to be with him and my family. 
 
It has been a trying time. Just getting past the shock of her sudden passing has been the biggest hurdler. It still doesn't seem real. It is a time of mixed emotions. My heart is sad, my spirit is rejoicing. I am thankful she went peacefully like she did, but I still miss her. 
 
There are two things I want to share with you out of this experience. 
 
1. Don't take another breath without making sure that it is well with your soul. We aren't guaranteed we will have the chance to give our lives to the Lord at a later date. We could just go to sleep one night, like my mother did, and not wake up. We all have an appointment with death-- we just don't have the luxury of knowing when that appointment time is. Don't put it off. One millisecond after you die it will be too late. Today is the day of salvation. Now is the accepted time. Life is short-- eternity is forever. Prepare for it while you still have the chance.
 
2. Love those the Lord has given you while you still have them. Don't take the people God has placed in your life for granted. They may not always be there. I am thankful to have been able to spend time with my mother the last two evenings of her life. You may not get that chance. I had a wonderful mother. I couldn't have picked out a better one than God picked out for me. I don't care if your mother is the "wicked witch of the west", try to reconcile the relationship and enjoy her now. Don't procrastinate loving on the people in your life--whoever they are. None of us are going to live forever on this earth. Don't let things come before people. People are the priority-- at least that is what Jesus taught us. Make them yours if they are not.
 
Again, thank you, all. I am so thankful for the family, friends and body of Christ that has stood with me through this time. I feel your love and God's love through you.
 
Love and blessings, Lorraine

No comments: