Friday, February 21, 2014

"The Word Perspective"

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2
 
Yesterday morning because I overslept I really had to hurry to do all I needed to do before I left for the shop. I told my husband that I woke up late so it put a "squeeze" on my time and I had to hurry. As I said that the thought came to me-- if we are people who live by the Word of God, then we need to renew our minds with the Word and look at things from its perspective. At that point I stopped feeling "squeezed" and "rushed" and decided that my steps are ordered by the Lord, therefore, I didn't oversleep I was in the perfect timing of the Lord-- He was ordering my steps. Including when I got up.
 
Because we are so fleshly minded, we tend to look at everything from a fleshly/physical perspective. We respond, react, and live our lives by worldly principles. But if we are truly people of the Word, it should be the governing factor of our lives-- how we think, how we respond, how we react, and how we live. We should see and judge the circumstances of life, not from a worldly perspective but from a heavenly one. Some might say that is being too spiritually minded. I wonder if there is such a thing. Jesus was not earthly minded at all. We are told to have the same mind as Him. 
 
Our thoughts govern our actions. What we think is what we do. And what we think is what we become. This is why the Bible tells us repeatedly to watch what we think. We are to guard our thoughts. Think on things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely and that have a good report. We are to set our thoughts on things above and renew our minds. By doing so we know what is the good, acceptable and perfect will of God. His word is His will. If we are going to live by His will, then we need to start living by His Word. And living by His Word means looking at life through its perspective. 
 
Have a great day. We are to be people of the Word, therefore, we should look at the things of our lives from its perspective. 
 
For further reading:
Philippians 4:8; 2:5
1 Corinthians 2:16
Psalm 37:23
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry

No comments: