Friday, March 11, 2011

"My Shepherd"

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. " Psalm 23:1

I love this... "the Lord is MY shepherd". That's personal. The Psalmist didn't say He was their shepherd, or her shepherd, or his shepherd, or someone else's shepherd, (although He is to all who will place their faith in Him) he had an assurance that He was "his" shepherd on a personal level. There is so much comfort and peace that comes along with this knowledge. So many people have a hard time seeing the Lord on a personal level. But He is a personal God who wants to be personally involved in your life and have a personal relationship with you.

Because He is MY shepherd I know that He will take care of me- He will meet and supply all my need (I shall not want). He will restore my soul when I become faint. He will lead me, be with me when the enemy comes, anoint me with oil, He will bring me into places of rest, He will comfort me and keep His eyes upon me.

Can you say along with the Psalmist today that the Lord is "MY" shepherd? Do you know Him in this personal, intimate way? Is He leading your life? Are you following Him? Are you placing your life in His loving care? If not, today you can turn to Him and ask Him to be your Savior, your Lord and your Shepherd.

Have a great day. The Lord is MY shepherd- the overseer of my life.

For further reading:
Psalm 23

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact.
Please remember to give credit to
About the Master's Business Ministry.
Take time to visit our on-line Christian magazine and blogs.
http://livingstonesmagazine.homestead.com

No comments: