Friday, April 23, 2010

"He Knows How You Feel"

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Hebrews 4:15

A friend shared something with me yesterday that she heard a pastor preach. It was so good I just had to share it with you. The pastor was getting a little weary and discouraged so he voiced his heart to the Lord in prayer. The Lord answered him and the conversation that he and Jesus had went something like this:
Pastor: Lord, I am getting weary and I just don't think I can make it
Jesus: I know just how you feel.

Pastor: I have given my all and the people just aren't listening.
Jesus: I know just how you feel.

Pastor: Even my children aren't listening and heeding. They are living after their own desires, I am concerned but it seems as if no matter what I say or do there is no change.
Jesus: I know just how you feel.

The conversation went on and each time the pastor voiced his feelings, Jesus' reply was always, "I know just how you feel". The truth of it is that Jesus really does know how you feel. He has been where you are: tired, hungry, weary in body, rejected, acquainted with sorrow, grief and pain, tested in every area just like you are.

I had another friend years ago who had five children, all just a year or so apart. One day when she was tired she said to Jesus, "You weren't a woman, or a mother, you don't know what it is like having so many children pulling on you all at once and demanding your attention all the time. You don't know what it is like not to have a moment to yourself. You don't know how I feel." His reply to her was, "Yes, I do know. I had crowds of people always around me, pressing upon me, wanting my attention and making their demands. They would not leave me alone." So I repeat: Jesus does know how you, and I, feel regardless of who we are or what we are going through in life. Like the saying goes, He has "been there and done that".

It doesn't matter what you may be going through this morning, Jesus is touched by the feelings of your infirmities because He truly does know what it feels like because He has been through it too.

Have a great day. When Jesus says He knows how you feel... He really knows how you feel.

For further reading:
Isaiah 53:3
Mark 3:10
Matthew 4:2,3
John 19:28

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you?? I am missing the Coffee Breaks......

Lorraine said...

Good morning, I was on a trip last week. I am back now. I am glad that the Coffee Breaks are a blessing to you.