Monday, December 15, 2008

"He Is Great"

"For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength." Job 37:6

Thursday morning when we woke up it was snowing. As I watched the inches accumulate and the flakes get bigger and bigger and fall heavier and heavier, I could not help but think of the greatness of God. I stood looking out the back door in total awe of how God not only created the snow, but knew exactly how many flakes had fallen, how many flakes were in each inch, how many were still to fall. The number of flakes that fell just in my back yard alone were more than we have a number to express. Not only that but I have been told that no two snow flakes are just alike. I am overwhelmed by this more than amazing God.

I just want to spend this morning exalting God. I know we talked about this recently, but with each passing day He reveals a little more about Himself. And with each revelation it leaves us standing in awe of just how great, infinite and powerful He is. Take time today to meditate of the greatness of God. Look at His marvelous, complex creation and give Him praise for being Who He is... a great, great God.

Have a great day. God is so much bigger and greater than we can imagine.

No comments: