Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"It's Pretty Clear"

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near." Isaiah 55:6

When I asked the Lord what He wanted to say to us this morning, the scripture above came to me-- I heard it as clearly as if someone had spoken it audibly to me. So as I sat down to write the devotional I asked the Lord to "expound" the scripture and tell me what He wants us to know through this verse today.
I heard nothing from Him. I asked Him again to lead me and tell me what to write-- I can't write anything unless He gives to me what to say. Then I heard Him say-- you don't need to talk about the verse; it's pretty "self explanatory". (Of course, since He is God He is right.)

Some things don't need a whole lot of explanation. They are as clear as crystal. This verse is one of those "clear" things- no explanation needed. So let me "sum" up what the Lord wants to say to us this morning... "Seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near."

Have a great day. Don't try to make some things more complicated than they are. Simply take it for face value and as it is.

No comments: